Companies have long used signage to highlight their people, promote products and publicize events. Traditionally, these profiles have been printed on paper and hung on a wall or a window display. This method, however, is far from ideal as it provides very limited flexibility in terms of creativity and visual appeal.
Displaying profiles on digital signage, in contrast, lets companies, schools, religious institutions and retail stores create multiple dynamic profiles that can be displayed on a single screen with ease, and that are visually appealing.
How Displaying Profiles on Digital Signage Works
Displaying profiles on digital signage is simple. Our content-rich digital signage software includes a Profiles app/widget that allows users to create a gallery of people and product profiles and display them on digital signs.
Users can display virtually any profile, be it for a person, product, service, event, etc.
When compared to static profiles, profiles on digital signs win in different ways:
- virtually any kind of profile can be displayed, including profiles of people, products, services, events and more
- animations can be incorporated into profiles to attract attention and enhance the viewing experience
- a playlist of profiles with different transitions can easily be created
- profiles can be customized with a company or organization’s logos, colors, slogan, etc.
- profiles can be sourced dynamically (e.g. from a web-based database) or loaded manually (e.g. individually or via mass file upload)
- changes to the profiles and playlists can be made and displayed in real-time
The Profiles solution has many applications in different industries. Some of them include:
In corporate offices, the Profiles solution can be used to highlight company employees and important products on digital screens. For example, a corporate digital signage screen in an office lobby or hallway can display profiles for:
- company executives
- employee of the month
- new employees
- top-selling products
- new products
- finished projects
Schools may not have products to promote, but they have teachers, students, classes, and events to spotlight. The Profiles solution can be used on a K-12 digital signage network to showcase:
- principals and other administrators
- teacher of the month
- top athletes
- top students
- new classes being offered
- special events (e.g. concerts, plays, sports tournaments, etc.)
- clubs (e.g. jazz band, chess club, stage crew, etc.)
Colleges and universities may also use the Profiles solution for the same purposes. Strategically placed displays can highlight specific profiles according to the audience or foot traffic:
- an admissions office screen may showcase profiles of recent graduates or alumni
- an athletics department sign can highlight upcoming games and meets
- a digital sign in the academic department can spotlight new classes
- a campus bookstore might use the Profiles to display popular books or the book of the month
Displaying profiles in religious institutions can help foster community and increase event turnout. Some ways that a religious institution might use the Profiles solution include displaying profiles for:
- leaders and staff members (e.g. pastors, Rabbis, Imams, elders, worship leaders, program directors, etc.)
- new church members
- supported missions or local volunteers
- upcoming events (special services, church cookouts, volunteer events, seminars, retreats, etc.)
- books or DVDs being used in a church-wide study
- available classes or support groups (Sunday school classes, confirmation classes, Hebrew classes, etc.)
Religious institutions may also use the Profiles solution to aid capital campaigns. When conducting a campaign, a profile can be created for each of the new features that the new sanctuary, wing or building will have. Such profiles can help people picture how a new or improved space will benefit the institution, especially when those profiles are placed on displays located in the areas that will be redone.
In retail stores, the Profiles solution can be used to highlight associates or promote products.
Creating profiles of sales associates both encourages associates to do well, as their achievements can be included on displays, and it helps create a personal atmosphere in what can sometimes be an impersonal setting.
Highlighting products gives sales associates a natural way to point customers towards high-profit products or ones that are in great demand.
Regardless of the industry you’re in, there’s likely a need for the Profiles solution. Think about what makes your company unique, whether it’s the people, products or services. Creating profiles for those and displaying them in prominent places will almost certainly enhance your customers or members’ experiences – and your organization’s’ profits or participation rates.