Join a growing team that has shaped on-site digital experiences for clients such as Virginia Tech, Kings Dominion, Crowne Plaza, University of Washington, and the Chicago Navy Pier.
Mvix, a leading B2B digital signage software company in the Dulles Technology Corridor has an opening for a Content Marketing Specialist. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and editing skills, and will understand the importance of producing content that drives action and converts prospects.
They will also be curious—curious to test new tactics, take some risks, and investigate innovative topics. Without curiosity, they risk recycling stale content ideas and turning off readers and potential customers.
As a Content Marketing Specialist, you’ll be responsible for the content marketing strategy and execution for the Mvix brand. You will write and execute sales and marketing content that typically includes:
- website content
- landing pages
- informational blog posts
- case studies
- white papers and guides
- how-to guides
- sales enablement material e.g. product comparisons, implementation guides
- and more
We require top-quality content that is driven by a content strategy; the goal of each piece is to generate leads that will convert to customers, so your skills must extend beyond the ability to write creatively.
You will be evaluated on your ability to find and implement novel ways to share the Mvix message and on your ability to increase organic web performance for the Mvix brand (measured by visits, leads, and sales that are driven from the website and email marketing).
- Analyze website data to create ongoing web content strategy & implementation plans and maintain an editorial/content calendar to align with SEO objectives
- Manage freelance copywriters to coordinate the creation of content; including articles, product descriptions, videos, infographics, etc.
- Oversee the day-to-day execution and automation of our link building, content distribution, and general on-page and off-page SEO efforts
- Create, produce, and send email marketing and social media campaigns for content distribution
- Manage Mvix creative assets and marketing collateral for customers, partners, and employees
- Assist in analyzing marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization
- Administrative tasks to support the marketing, sales and design departments
- 2+ years of editorial writing experience; marketing, PR and social communications experience a plus.
- A./B.S. degree in marketing, literature, creative writing or content-related field.
- Knowledge of/familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and techniques (proven experience increasing website traffic preferred)
- Extreme attention to detail with respect to writing accuracy, grammatical correctness, etc. and no tolerance for errors
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills (demonstration of successful campaigns implementation preferred)
- Experience writing web content (or a fantastic portfolio, personal blog/website, etc.)
- Strong work ethic and a “do whatever it takes to get the best job done” attitude
- B2B Marketing Experience is a huge plus
- WordPress experience IS A MUST; familiarity with HTML
- A commitment to constant learning, who seeks challenges, embraces collaboration and looks for novel ways to share the Mvix message
Why is Mvix such an exciting place to work? We’ll let our accolades do the talking!
- Ranked in The 20 Best Companies to Watch in 2017 by Insights Success
- Acknowledged as one of the 50 Best Workplaces of 2016 by The Silicon Review
- Voted Best in Show at InfoComm 2017
- Awarded Best Digital Signage Software by DIGI (2017)
- generous PTO, sick leave and holidays
- health and dental insurance
- company-sponsored travel
- ongoing certification opportunities
- competitive 401k match
- flexible hours (no weekend/overnight shifts)
- gym membership reimbursement
- company-funded professional development
- life insurance
- short-term disability insurance
We also get together for catered lunches, team-building events, town-hall meetings, spontaneous brainstorming sessions, birthdays, anniversaries & other milestone celebrations and happy hours.
Did we mention we are a pet-friendly environment?
Download the Mvix Interview Guide to start getting ready – we look forward to speaking with you soon!