Join a growing team that has shaped on-site digital experiences for clients such as NASA, Virginia Tech, Kings Dominion, Crowne Plaza, and a variety of International deployments for various Fortune 500 Companies.
Mvix is a leading provider of digital signage software and solutions. We serve fourteen (14) verticals and dozens of use cases. Our SaaS platform drives business outcomes through communication with internal and external audiences.
We are looking for a driven Director of Engineering with leading experience and a heavy emphasis on overseeing our product development / technical operations, managing a dynamic team of remote developers, R&D associates, and a UI/UX team. (S)he will oversee our end-to-end product development for an exciting (Saas-based) software product that has won several awards and is in use by thousands of clients worldwide. The software drives our SaaS model and cloud-based applications for digital signage solutions, video walls, and interactive kiosk systems.
The Director of Technology will drive the future direction of product development. This role manages tracking technology in order to drive product innovation, eliminating security risks, increasing user satisfaction, and maintaining operations and systems. We hope to improve our thought-leadership and generate demand to meet product, service and revenue objectives. Expectations for this role include proactive day to day team management, consistent ideation for solution growth, enhancing product quality and contribution to strategic vision and roadmap.
Learn More about Mvix here.
Interested? Apply here.
What You Need for this Position:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in SaaS Product Development
- 3+ years of personnel management experience
- Commitment to mentorship and growing the team
- Believer and Implementer of Agile product development methodologies.
- Expertise / Working knowledge in Linux, PHP/Laravel and ReactJS
- commitment to ongoing learning and independent research
- B.S. degree in programming, computer science, computer engineering or relevant field (Preferred, not required)
- Help grow the Mvix brand
- Direct supervision of the entire product development team
- Handling high-level escalations of technical and management issues
- Enhancing cooperative interdepartmental communication
- Leading long-term product/feature planning, and implementing key initiatives
- Research and identify opportunities to increase product development efficiencies
How can this position help you grow? Proficiency in this position leads to the next step up – Chief Architect and/ or CTO – where you will drive overall company strategy along with the leadership team.
Why is Mvix such an exciting place to work? We’ll let our accolades do the talking!
- Listed in the 20 Most Promising Digital Signage Solution Providers of 2018
- Voted Best in Show at InfoComm 2018 and 2017
- Ranked in The 20 Best Companies to Watch in 2017 by Insights Success
- Awarded Best Digital Signage Software by Digital Signage Magazine (2017)
- Acknowledged as one of the 50 Best Workplaces of 2016 by The Silicon Review
- generous PTO, sick leave and holidays
- health and dental insurance
- company-sponsored travel
- ongoing certification opportunities
- competitive 401k match
- Monday to Friday Schedule
- gym membership reimbursement
- company-funded professional development
- life insurance
- short-term disability insurance
- Remote Interview process
- Personal protective masks provided and required
- Social distancing in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
This is an In-Office position, located at our Corporate HQ in Sterling VA.
We also get together for catered lunches, team-building events, town-hall meetings, spontaneous brainstorming sessions, birthdays, anniversaries & other milestone celebrations and happy hours, while practicing social distancing and safety measures.
Did we mention we are a pet-friendly environment?
Our team is expanding quickly, so apply today here.
Download the Mvix Interview Guide to start getting ready – we look forward to speaking with you soon!