Our playlists do not carry any sort of limit in regards to what media you can add. However, pacing the flow of your playlist can be tricky.
Try to break up long strings of images with a short video, or other types of media, and think about how long you want each piece of media to be featured for. This can help you arrange your media, as well as decide on how long to let each slide display.
- You can edit the individual playtime of each slide, or edit all of them together with the “HH:MM:SS” drop-down menu
- NOTE: Videos or preset timed content will need to play for the full duration of the file. Setting the slide playtime to less than the video run-time will cause errors in the playlist, as the device tries to display less content than the file requires.
- Each file you add is more data for your device to process and display, so if it started struggling to display the content, consider removing some, or resizing the images to a more standard resolution.
- Note: CMS does not allow single file uploads larger than 1 GB, so this will be the absolute maximum file size, regardless.
As suggested above, the resolution of your content is an important consideration. The maximum suggested resolution for items in a playlist is 1920×1080.
- Transitions are a great way to manage the way your slides appear on your screen, and we have a wide variety to choose from. You can apply individual slides their own transitions, or select one for all the slides via the “Select Transition” drop-down menu.
- Note: Randomized transitions being used on the entirety of larger playlists can cause the playlist to have issues loading, especially on Mykro devices, as the hardware has a difficult time rendering a large number of varied transitions.
Once you have your playlist built and ready to go, you can publish it as a standalone piece, or nest it inside a template to display concurrently with even more content!