The Media Converter app provides an easy way for you to convert your video files that are not supported by the XhibitSignage software into a format that they will accept.
NOTE: This tutorial uses screenshots from windows 7. the steps needed to convert your media may be different if you are running a different version of windows.
What You’ll Need
- A PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later
- The Media Converter app
- A video file to convert
Converting Your Video Content
- Download the Media Converter application using the link provided above.
- Then, Open up the “Media Converter” zip file by double clicking it.
- Click on the “Extract all” button near the top of the window.
- Click on the “Browse…” button
- Click on the “My Documents” option in the sidebar.
- Click on the “OK” button to select the destination.
- Click on the “Extract” button. After the zip file has been extracted, a new window will pop up.
- Go into the “Media Converter” folder in the window that just appeared by double clicking on it.
- Double click on the “Media Converter” application to start converting your videos.
- Once you’ve started the media converter, click on the triangle at the end of the preset selection box.
- Select either 1080p or 4K video from the drop-down option menu. This tutorial will use the 1080p option.
- NOTE: 4k video is only supported by the Xhibit 4k signage system.
- After you select your preset, click on the “Use Source Folder” checkbox to check it.
- Click on the “Add” button. A dialog box will pop up.
- Browse to the folder where your unsupported video is located.
- Click once on the video you want to convert and then click on the “Open” button.
- Finally, Click on the “Convert” button to start the conversion process. A black text window will pop up and it will close itself once the conversion is finished. After this conversion window disappears, your unsupported video will be converted to a supported format and ready for you to upload it to XhibitSignage.com.