- Applies to:
- CMS v2
What You’ll Need
- Mvix Xhibit
- XhibitSignage.com CMS Application
- Internet Connectivity
- Shoutcast Radio Station
Adding a Shoutcast Radio Station
- Begin by Navigating to www.shoutcast.com and clicking on the “LISTEN” tab
- Here, you can search through Shoutcast’s catalog of radio stations that you can add to your Xhibit device. You can do this by genre, or by a specific station via the search field at the top.
- Pressing the play button on the station of your choice will allow you to preview it. The station will begin to load and play at the bottom of your web browser.
- Once you have your preferred station, proceed to download it using the Open Format option.
- Once the download finishes, open the file with a text editor (Notepad, Kate, Atom etc.)
- From this string of text, you are looking for a specific URL located after “<location>”
- Navigate to www.xhibitsignage.com
- Highlight the “MEDIA” tab, and select “ADD MEDIA”
- Click the tab marked “WEB” on the Add Media page.
- Select the checkbox for “HTML Code” then paste the HTML embed code you copied from the Shoutcast player in the text box below. Make sure that “Plain Text” is selected on this page before you paste.
- Give the media a title. You may add this to an existing or new group, or add tags if necessary. Click “Add to Queue” to add this media to your queue, then hit “Upload” on the right side of the screen to upload to Xhibitsignage.com
- Your Shoutcast radio station is now uploaded to the Xhibitsignage.com media library and ready for use! You can schedule the Shoutcast radio on a template by adding a “Radio” zone and selecting it from the media list.