Xhibit Touch Devices are capable of utilizing two types of Interactive Media: Buttons, and Touch Zones. In the following article, we will demonstrate how to add and use both of these types of Interactive Media.
What You’ll Need
- An Xhibit Touch device or Touch enabled Flex device
- Interactive Template Premium app
- A Touch Capable Display
How to Add Button Media
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “KIOSKS” category.
- Choose the theme you prefer for your button.
- Type what you want your button to say in the ” Choose Label” field.
- There are also advanced options for each theme, allowing for further customization, such as shape, color, font, and click effect.
- Once you have designed your button, click “SAVE”.
- Name your button and save it.
How to use Button Media
- Once you have added a button to your account, you will need to add it to a template.
- Hover over the “TEMPLATE” tab, and click “CREATE TEMPLATE”.
- Go to the Kiosks tab, and click on the button icon to create a button zone.
- Click on the hand icon in the zone to select the media you would like to play once your button is pressed.
- A pop-up style window will come up, and allow you to select media, as well as the style and size of the zone the media will display in.
- When you have selected your media, select “SAVE”.
- Click the pencil icon on the zone to select the button you would like to come on screen.
- When the template has been published, pressing the button will play the media in the designated area.
How to add Touch Zones
- If you want to add interactive media that does not need a button to start, such as a website, you will need to make a zone in the template for the media you would like to be touch enabled.
- Once you have created the proper zone, click the gear icon on the bottom right of the zone to open an “Advanced Settings” window.
- Toggle the “Convert to touch zone” switch. This will enable the media displayed in this zone will have touch functionality.
- You can also add an interactive playlist to your touch capable media, by selecting “Interactive Playlist” under the playlist drop down menu.
- Create the playlist as you would a regular playlist. It will display as an interactive playlist via the touch icon that will show when the media is selected.