What is a static IP? Do you need to set one up to use your Xhibit device? The Xhibit device has a built-in WiFi adapter which allows you to connect to any type of network. While Xhibit, by default, is configured to DHCP, many users need to assign a static IP for security purposes.
Finding Network Connections
- If you need to configure a static IP address, you must first find the network settings.
- Click on the Xhibit logo in the upper left corner of the screen to access the network settings.
- Click on “Wired” or the name of the wireless network you desire to connect to, depending on whether or not you are using a wired connection.
- Click on the “Options” button.
- A new window will appear with the options for your connection. Select the “IPv4 Settings” tab.
- Select the “Manual” option from the “Method” drop-down menu.
- To configure a Static IP Address for your device, click the “Add” button to the right of the “Addresses” header.
- An editable row in the “Addresses” table should have been added.
- Enter your desired IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway under the appropriate columns.
- Enter your custom DNS server in the “Additional DNS Servers” text box, if applicable. If there is no custom DNS server, leave it blank.
- Click the “Save” button to save your changes.