- Applies to:
- CMS v3
To restrict users’ Permissions, you will need to apply them to a User level account. You can then create the Groups you want to assign them to, assign their permissions levels for these Groups, or assign permissions on an individual user level. Here is how to adjust or change administrative permissions.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Xhibit, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
The first step to changing administrative permissions is creating groups. Once your Groups are created, you can assign permissions to your Users to allow access to those Groups.
Managing Administration Permissions Per User
- The permissions page will allow you to assign that user access to any number of groups in each category.
- Click the desired category from the left column. Then, choose to allow or disallow access to that section by checking the “Allow” box.
- If “Allow” is checked, you will then see all available groups within that section. The scope of their privileges is shown in the right two columns.
- Check any groups you would like to allow this user to access. Once you check a group, make sure to turn ON or OFF the appropriate access. The Read column is read+use only, and the Write column allows for read+use+create abilities.
- Click “SAVE” in the top right corner to finalize your changes and apply the permissions.
Managing Administration Permissions by Group
- Navigate to the User Groups Page and assign Users to Groups