This knowledge base article will walk you through how to rotate the screen on your Xhibit device, by configuring the display rotation.
Before Configuring Display Screen
Depending on the date of purchase, your Xhibit hardware may display a different system configuration user interface.
Before you start configuring your display rotation, it is important to note a few things.
- You will need to attach a USB mouse and keyboard to your device. If the content appears on your screen, press ALT+F4 to close your digital signage application. Next, you will need to click on the “Gear” icon in the top right corner of your screen. And then, click “System Settings” to access your player’s settings.
- If the digital signage application reopens after you have opened the settings window, you can hit ALT+TAB and it will bring it back to the foreground. It is important not to adjust any of the options in your settings menu unless under the explicit direction of a member of the Mvix Digital Signage support staff. In other words, making unauthorized adjustments to player options can disrupt your playback or even void your warranty.
How to Configure Display Rotation
- Continuing on from the “System Settings” window, click on “Display”.
- From there this window below should appear. From this screen you are able to select your screen rotation preference.
- Click the “Rotation” dropdown and select either “clockwise” or “counterclockwise” depending on your desired orientation. Once you have made the changes you desired, click “Apply”. Finally, click “Keep the Configuration” in the pop-up window.
Your screen should now be oriented in the direction you have chosen to rotate.