Your device should be preconfigured with the correct time zone when you receive it. In the event you switch locations and the system time is no longer accurate, you can change the time zone by following these steps.
What You’ll Need
- An Xhibit signage device
- Physical access to the Xhibit signage device
- A USB computer mouse and keyboard
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to change the time zone.
Changing the Time Zone
- Start the Xhibit and wait for your signage to display.
- Plug in a mouse and a keyboard into the two USB ports on the side.
- On the keyboard, press and hold down the “ALT” key, and press the “TAB” key.
- If you do not see a “Tab” key, look for a key with two arrows pointing in different directions as shown in the following image.
- Entering Alt+Tab should make a menu bar appear.
- Click on the time shown on the menu bar.
- Click on “Time & Date settings…”
- Click on the “Location” text box and delete all the text that is already there.
- Type in the name of a nearby city.
- Click on the option that matches the location you wanted, i.e. Los Angeles, CA instead of Los Angeles, TX.
- Click on the red “X” button on the top left corner of the “Time & Date” window.
- Reboot your device.
- When your device starts again, the time zone should be correct.