- Applies to:
- CMS v3
In this article, you will learn how to configure the Wi-FI network connection on your Mvix players. According to Cisco, Wi-Fi is a wireless technology that allows devices such as computers, mobile devices, and other equipment to interface with the Internet. In this case, you are trying to connect the Mvix player to the Internet and the Wi-Fi is the center connecting key.
After your device loads to the desktop, you will be able to set up a wireless network connection, if your network supports it. The Mvix device has a built-in WiFi adapter, which allows you to wirelessly connect to a network. Here’s how to set up your WiFi connection.
What You’ll Need:
- An Mvix digital signage player
- Network with wireless access (WiFi connection)
- USB mouse
- USB keyboard
- Display device
Note: Mvix players support up to wireless N and we recommend a 2.4 GHz connection. This is for a more stable connection.
Connecting to your Network
- Press and Hold ALT + F4 (this will close the running content).
- Press and Hold CTRL + ALT + T (this will open a terminal window).
- Type dsv3-stop and press ENTER (this will stop the content app from relaunching).
- Hover over the top right corner of your screen. Then click the up and down icon to see your Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the name of your network and enter the password to connect your device.
- If you have not yet changed your password or simply do not know it, the manufacturer has a default password on the wireless router that you can enter. It can be found on the bottom or on the back of the router.
- Once you have successfully selected your network and entered your password, open the terminal by pressing and holding CTRL + ALT + T. Then type: dsv3-start (and press ENTER).
After completing these steps, the application should load and within 10-25 minutes begin displaying content. The time it takes for the firmware to launch on the Mvix hardware is highly dependent on the current state of the network; where the device is installed and connected.
Other Players That Will Require Wi-Fi Connection
Our Mvix players are not the only players that will require a Wi-Fi connection. Here are the other players available by Mvix that will require this connection:
- Andriod Players (Acer, Asus, HP, Chromecast)
- BrightSign Media Players (XT Line, XED Line, HD Line)
- Mini PC (Intel NUC, Lenovo Thinkcentre, HP Mini PC)
- Raspberry Pi Players
- SimplyNUC Media Players
Let Us Do It For You!
Fresh and relevant content is the cornerstone of a successful digital signage campaign. Don’t have time to manage your Digital Signage System or do you want your screens to look professionally designed? Let us do it for you. We will manage your digital signage screens for a fraction of the cost and minimize downtimes. Learn more about our Managed Service Plans.