- Applies to:
- CMS v3
After your device loads to the desktop, you will be able to set up a wireless internet connection, if your network supports it. The Xhibit has a built-in WiFi adapter, which allows you to wirelessly connect to a network. Here’s how to set up your WiFi connection.
What You’ll Need:
- An Xhibit digital signage player
- Network with wireless access (WiFi connection)
- USB mouse
- USB keyboard
- Display device
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below.
Connecting to your Network
- Press and Hold ALT + F4 (this will close the running content).
- Press and Hold CTRL + ALT + T (this will open a terminal window).
- Type dsv3-stop and press ENTER (this will stop the content app from relaunching).
- Hover over the top right corner of your screen. Then click the up and down icon to see your Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the name of your network and enter the password to connect your device.
- If you have not yet changed your password or simply do not know it, the manufacturer has a default password on the wireless router that you can enter in. It can be found on the bottom or on the back of the router.
- Once you have successfully selected your network and entered your password, open the terminal by pressing and holding CTRL + ALT + T. Then type: dsv3-start (and press ENTER).
After completing these steps, the application should load and within 10-25 minutes begin displaying content. The time it takes for the firmware to launch on the Xhibit hardware is highly dependent on the current state of the network; where the device is installed and connected.