- Applies to:
- CMS v3
After uploading content to your Media Library, you’re now ready to arrange the files together to create a playlist. This feature allow you to manage large groups of content by combining them together under a single playlist name, which can then be added to a schedule and published very easily.
What You’ll Need
- Mvix CMS V3 Access
- Internet Connectivity
Creating a Playlist
- Hover over the “PLAYLISTS” tab, and click the “CREATE PLAYLIST”.
- Next select the files you wish to schedule; you can filter your list view by General, Local, Web, Gallery, Social, Premium, and Licensed, depending on your purchased Package and available widgets.
- Drag and drop your desired files from the list on the left to the empty column on the right. The files will stack in descending order, but can be reorganized by through drag and drop.
- Decide on the duration for each file. You can designate length of playtime for media, as well as designate what hours the media is viable for. Video files cannot have their playtime altered, but can have the number of times they play changed, via the plus and minus icons.
- NOTE: Files can be removed from a playlist at any point. This is done by clicking the trash icon on the right side, and confirming “DELETE”. Name your playlist in the “Name” field, and then optionally write a description or add it to a group using the field provided.
- The Playlist can now be saved.
- NOTE: For optimal playback results, a maximum of 150 media items can be added to a single playlist. Multiple playlists can be created and appended for a continuous playback experience of hundreds of media items.