- Applies to:
- CMS v3
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Xhibit, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package to use the template editor.
- Internet Connectivity
- Media files, playlists, or general content you wish to add to the template.
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to create and edit templates within xhibitsignage.
Navigating to the Template Editor
- Hover over the “TEMPLATES” tab and click “CREATE TEMPLATE”.
- Click the category and app that corresponds to the media you are looking to display.
- A zone will appear on the template canvas. This represents an empty media container that can hold and display any compatible media content.
- If you would like to add multiple zones, simply click an app again, and an additional zone will appear.
- NOTE: To delete a zone at any time, press the Del key on your keyboard or click the trash can icon at the bottom of the template screen.
- NOTE: Newly added zones will always appear in the top left corner, and will need to be dragged to their desired location.
- To resize any zone, click and drag the edges or corners as needed.
- To specify content for this zone, click the pen icon near the bottom right corner of the zone.
- A window will appear that lists all compatible content for that zone. Click to select the file of your choice and click “SAVE” when done.
Adding a Playlist Zone
- Select “PLAYLIST” from the categories and click the Playlist app.
- A new zone will appear in the template canvas.
- To assign a playlist to your zone, click the “+” icon near the bottom right corner of the zone.
- A window will pop up listing all available playlists.
- Click your desired playlist from the list and you’ll see the contents shown on the right.
- Confirm by hitting “SAVE”.
Additional Template Editor Tips
- The template editor allows you to change the background image of the template. Select the “Background”, located below the Presets button on the right side of the template window.
- When configuring a template for a Videowall, hover over the options menu (gear icon on the left side of the template menu bar) and select the “Videowall Layout” optio to convert the template to a Videowall template.
- You can also use the Preferences menu to change screen orientation for your template, and manage the resolution of your displays when showing the template.