- Applies to:
- CMS v2
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Media files, playlists, or general content you wish to add to the template.
Navigating to the Template Editor
- Hover over the “TEMPLATES” tab and click “CREATE TEMPLATE”.
- Click the category and app that corresponds to the media you are looking to display.
- A zone will appear on the template canvas. This represents an empty media container that can hold and display any compatible media content.
- If you would like to add multiple zones, simply click an app again, and an additional zone will appear.
- NOTE: To remove a zone at any time, click the X icon in the top right corner of the zone that appears when you mouse over it.
- NOTE: Newly added zones will always appear in the top left corner, and will need to be dragged to their desired location.
- To resize any zone, click and drag the edges or corners as needed.
- To specify content for this zone, click the pen icon near the bottom right corner of the zone.
- A window will appear that lists all compatible content for that zone. Click to select the file of your choice and click “SAVE” when done.
- Please note that Zones will act as a container for the media, and will not always display media in the full size of the provided zone.
- The native resolution of the Media will determine playback size based on the space provided in the zone:
Adding a Playlist Zone
- Select “PLAYLIST” from the categories and click the Playlist app.
- A new zone will appear in the template canvas.
- To assign a playlist to your zone, click the pen icon near the bottom right corner of the zone.
- A window will pop up listing all available playlists.
- Click your desired playlist from the list and you’ll see the contents shown on the right.
- Confirm by hitting “SAVE”.
Additional Template Editor Tips
- The template editor allows you to change the background image of the template. Select the “Template Background”, located next to the “Preview” and “Save” buttons.
- You can click anywhere outside of the template to disable/remove an opaque layer in the template.
- When configuring a template for a Videowall, hover over the options menu (gear icon on the left side of the template menu bar) and select the “Videowall Layout” optio to convert the template to a Videowall template.
- You can also use the options menu to change screen orientation for your template, and manage the resolution of your displays when showing the template.