- Applies to:
- CMS v3
The Mvix CMS offers those two layers of access. Is there a difference between a user and an admin? Let’s review their definitions:
The Mvix team is responsible for creating the initial client administrator (admin), during the account setup process. This person will become the default administrator for the account. This is all done at the point of the initial purchase. The default client admin can create additional client administrators as well as client users, as administrators have no limits on permissions. Client admins can upload, delete or create any object, with the exception of devices. In other words, the Mvix support staff are the only ones who can create or add a device. When additional devices or licenses are purchased they will be added to the account.
Client admins can limit the access and workflows the client user has access to. For example, a client user could be limited to only being able to publish scheduled content. And they would be unable to upload or delete files or create playlists. Furthermore, the limit could include only handling one devices. Or only a select group of media files. By default, client users do not have any permissions enabled and cannot access any objects within the CMS. For the best results, use the grouping feature within the CMS. Groups are a great way to restrict user permissions and workflows.
How to Add New Users
- Hover over the “DASHBOARD” tab, and click “USERS”.
- Click the “Add New User” icon.
- Complete the required fields, and make sure to select the correct type from the “User Type” drop down field.
- Note: Only client users can be assigned permissions. Client Admins will have full permissions to access any object within the CMS.
- Click “Save” and you will see the new user listed among your existing users. Client users should show a lock icon next to their name. This lock icon allows admins to edit permission settings. Once you have created the new user, we recommend confirming you can log in with their credentials.
How to Remove Users
- To Remove a User, navigate to the User page, under the Admin menu
- Find the User you want to remove, and mouse ver the options drop down on the right
- Select the Delete function to remote the user from your CMS account