You may be wondering if it is possible to delete items from your Media Library? The short answer is yes. Here are some things to know before you do so.
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Xhibit, BrightSign, etc.
- XhibitSignage Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
Media in Use
When deleting media, you may come across an error message. Here are common reasons why you may come across these messages and how to fix them. When attempting to delete media, you may run into this issue. There can be several reasons:
- The media item is being used within a playlist.
- Your media item is being used within a template.
- A media item could be used within a schedule.
Deleting Media Item from Your Playlist
- Hover over the “PLAYLIST” menu and click on “PLAYLIST LIBRARY”.
- Find your playlist and click on the green plus sign.
- Click on the trash can icon to remove the media item from your playlist.
Deleting Media Item from Your Template
- Hover over the “TEMPLATE” menu and click on “TEMPLATE LIBRARY”.
- Find your template and click on the “EDIT” button.
- Click on the “X” icon highlighted in red to remove the media item from your template.
Deleting Media Item from Your Schedule
To solve this issue and remove your media item, you must navigate to your playlist / template / schedule library and remove the media item.