- Applies to:
- CMS v3
Using this feature will allow you to display various types of data on-screen via the simple and versatile Microsoft Power BI.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the MS Power BI Content App
Creating Microsoft Power BI Dashboards
To create Dashboards for use on the system, please refer to this guide.
Applying Non-Authenticated Microsoft Power BI media
In order to apply Public Facing, Non-Authenticated media, first, make the Dashboard available as a Public URL. Then, Apply the URL to our Web URL app for Non-Authenticated display, and Assign the media to a Schedule as you normally would.
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “Premium” category.
- Click the Content App
- If this is your first time accessing your media, you will need to authenticate your account.
- Click the “Connect to Power BI” button to add your account
- If you’re Admin is uncertain how to perform the permissions change, please check this documentation from Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/manage-apps/grant-admin-consent#construct-the-url-for-granting-tenant-wide-admin-consent
- Once you have authenticated your account, select “Get Dashboards” to view your dashboards and choose them for display.
- Select your Dashboards and click on the Save button.
- Click on the “PREVIEW” button to see your document in the box to the right.
- Once you are certain your media displays correctly, Save the media and manage it as you see fit.