The Events app is fully compatible with Microsoft Outlook calendars. However, you will need to export your calendar for it to be usable by XhibitSignage.
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Xhibit, BrightSign, etc.
- XhibitSignage Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- A PC running Windows
- Microsoft Outlook
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to import your Outlook calendar into the Events widget.
Import Calendar from Outlook
- Open Outlook and click on the Calendar icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Click on the “File” menu in the top-left corner.
- Select “Save Calendar” from the list.
- Click on the “More Options…” button in the dialog box that appears.
- “Specify Dates…” from the “Date Range” drop-down menu.
- the scheduled date of the event you want to import into XhibitSignage.
- Select “Full details” from the “Detail” drop-down menu.
- Give the calendar a name and click “Save”.
- Log in to XhibitSignage.com and go to the “Add Media” page. Click on the “Local” section and click on the icon for the Events widget.
- “Import File” for the Event Source.
- on the “Select File” button to open a file selector dialog box.
- to where you saved your calendar file in Outlook (Should be in the “Documents” folder) and on the calendar file.
- this event and “SAVE”.