- Applies to:
- CMS v2
What You’ll Need
- Mvix Xhibit
- XhibitSignage.com CMS Application
- Internet Connectivity
- Player(s) to manage
Managing Your Devices
- Hover over the “Devices” tab on the top menu bar, and click the “Device Library” option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, you can view all current media players attached to your account, as well as information about last login time, assigned group, online status, IP address, and more. You can also reboot active devices by clicking the power icon at the bottom right corner of the device details box.
- If you wish to remove a media player from a selection, click the “View Device” button under your group of choice, locate the media player you want to remove, and simply click the trash can icon at the bottom right corner.
- Click the magnifying glass icon near the top left corner in order to see a snapshot of the current content which is playing on your digital signage media player.
- Once you are satisfied with your device library, you can now create and manage items by clicking “Device Groups” from the dropdown menu found under “Devices” tab.
Creating Device Groups
- Once you are satisfied with your library, you can now create and manage device groups by clicking “Device Groups” from the dropdown menu found under “Devices” tab.
- From this screen, you can see both your device groups on the left, as well as any unassigned devices on the right (Default group).
- In order to view the assigned devices of a particular group; click the “View Devices” magnifying icon found at the bottom right of the desired group.
- To add one or more unassigned devices to an existing group, simply drag and drop. Choose the desired device from the Default group on the right and release it over the group of your choice in the left column.
- Verify that your device has been successfully added to your group. Click “View Devices” to confirm that the player’s name appears.
- If you wish to remove a media player from a group; click the “View Device” button under your group of choice, locate the media player you want to remove. Next, simply click the trash can icon at the bottom right corner.
- To create additional groups, click the “Add Group” button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Created groups will appear at the top of your group list on the left column. The group name will be automatically highlighted in blue so that you can change or edit it as desired. Media players can now be added to this new group in the exact same way as before; by dragging and dropping unassigned players from the right over to the new group on the left.
- To remove a group entirely, locate it in the left column of groups; and click the trash can icon in the bottom right corner.
- NOTE: Removing a group does not delete the media players; it simply adds them back to the Default group.