1. Before you begin – Xhibit Flex requirements
- Purchase a supported LG WebOS display (webOS 3.0 and above)
- Recommended Hardware: LG Commercial-grade Full HD Digital Signage Display
- 32″ Display: LG 32SM5KC-B
- 43″ Display: LG 43SM5KC-B
- 49″ Display: LG 49SM5KC-B
- 55″ Display: LG 55SM5KC-B
- 55″ Display: LG 55SM5KD-B
- 65″ Display: LG 65SM5KC-B
- Recommended: USB keyboard
- Wired ethernet network connection (highly recommended) or available WiFi network
- Purchase an Mvix Xhibit Flex software license (contact your Mvix Solutions Consultant for more information)
2. Set up your LG webOS display
- Connect the following components to your LG display:
- Power cable
- Ethernet network cable (highly recommended)
- USB Keyboard (recommended)
- On first boot, you will be greeted with a welcome screen and various additional steps (these may vary):
- Select “Quick Start”, and make sure the time and date are set correctly.
- Wifi setup (optional):
- Press the gear icon or “Settings” button on the remote.
- From the “General” section, select “Network”.
- Select “Wi-Fi Connection”, and choose the desired network.
- Enter the encryption key if necessary.
3. Install the Mvix Flex LG app
- Press the gear or “Settings” button on the remote.
- Select “SI Server Setting”.
- If you see a prompt asking you to select “SI Server Setting” or “Developer Mode & Beanviser”, choose the former.
- Set “Fully Qualified Domain Name” to On, and in the text field underneath, enter “https://display.xhibitsignage.com/lg/firmware.ipk“.
- Set “Application Launch Mode” to “Local”.
- Scroll down and set “Application Type” to “IPK”.
- Next to “Local Application Upgrade”, select the “Remote” button, and then select “Confirm”.
- Reboot the device and verify the application automatically loads.
(Note: The text field in the above screenshot may appear in a smaller size on your device.)
4. Activate your LG WebOS device
- Power on your WebOS device.
- After the device boots, the Xhibit Flex app will automatically open, and you will be presented with the activation screen:
- At this point, use another PC/Mac or mobile device and go to https://www.xhibitsignage.com/activate to complete the device activation form
- he Mvix Technical Support team will review your activation details and set up your client account along with your device registration – this process is usually completed within 1 business day
- Once your device is activated, the activation screen will disappear, and the device will begin playing Mvix sample content
5. Schedule Your Content
- Your device setup is now complete, and you can access https://www.xhibitsignage.com using your account login credentials
- Moving forward, you will use XhibitSignage to schedule and manage your devices and their playback content
If you have any further questions, please open a support ticket at our support portal.