The Xhibit device can play audio through a variety of different outputs depending on your configuration. By default, it will output audio through the HDMI connection (which also plays video). However, the device also supports 3.5mm analog stereo, 5.1 surround, as well as optical audio. These changes can be made quickly and easily. The following knowledgebase article explains how to switch audio outputs on your Xhibit device in a few easy steps.
What You’ll Need
- Mvix Xhibit Device
- USB Mouse & Keyboard
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to switch audio outputs on your Xhibit device.
Selecting Audio Output
- Attach a USB mouse and keyboard to any spare USB ports on the back of your Xhibit device.
- Once attached, press ALT + TAB. A Window that says “Digital Signage Support” will appear as well as a black bar across the top of the screen.
- Move the mouse to the top right hand corner of the screen and press the Speaker icon.
- In the Speaker drop down menu, select “Sound Settings”
- In the “Sound Preferences window”, select Hardware
- Select the Profile dropdown
- In the Profile dropdown, select the correct sound output for your needs.
- Press the “Test Speakers” button to confirm sound output.