- Applies to:
- CMS v3
Device updates allow you to use your devices to the fullest and enjoy any supplied fixes for known issues or access to the latest and greatest features we offer. Device updates are fully manual and can be implemented at your preference.
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the players you want to update in the Device Library
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to update your devices.
Assigning an update
- Hover over the “DEVICE” tab and click “DEVICE LIBRARY”.
- Mouse over the dropdown menu on the right and ensure the current app version assigned to your player is visible.
- You can then check any players based on their current version, and if the player has an available update. Any player with a green marker can be updated to the noted version.
- When ready to apply the update, select any players from the list you want to update, and select the Floppy Disk icon to open the update menu.
- From the Menu, you will need to select the preferred reboot setting, as the player will need to reboot to apply the update. Choose our time based on your needs, as the player may take several minutes to fully reboot following this update.
- NOTE: You can update individual players as well, and they will allow slightly more control as to the particular version you are updating to. This is if more than one option is currently available for that player.
- Once applied, your player will continue to display media as expected normally.
- NOTE: Updates are not required, but are always highly recommended to make the fullest use of your system, and can be integral for some specific methods of playback. Please reach out to the Client Success Team if you have any questions regarding specific app updates.