If you are going to upload media content from a separate file server remotely or from a local hosted content, you do not need to first upload it to Xhibit Signage in order to schedule it to your device. You will only need the URL of the file which you would like to schedule.
You can verify that the media URL is correct by placing the URL in your browser’s address bar and verifying that only the media appears without any sort of HTML border/helper site. Below is a step by step for how to upload media content on Xhibit Signage.
What You’ll Need
- Hover over the “MEDIA” menu tab and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click “File From Web URL”.
- Enter the URL for your remote file in the “Media File URL” field.
- Type in a title for your content in the “Name/Title” field on the right.
- You can categorize this file by adding it to an existing Media Group. Type the name of a group to select it, or you can create a new group by simply typing a name in the same field.
- You can also add tags for each file you upload by typing them in to the “Tags” field on the right (separate tags with commas).
- Once you have filled in the required fields, the last step is to click the “Save” button. Now you should have completed the process and learned how to upload media content on your digital signage displays.
- Note: Previewing may not work correctly if the file is located on a local server that the Xhibit-based devices can see, but the computer doing the scheduling cannot.
Problems, Questions, Corrections: If you have any further questions, problems, or corrections you would like to see made, please open a support ticket.