- Applies to:
- CMS v3
The Events Listing is great for keeping track of deadlines, corporate events, birthdays, and other calendar elements.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the Events Content App
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below.
Using the Events Listing
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “LOCAL” category
- Click the “EVENTS LISTING” app.
- Choose the theme your events will be displayed in.
- Choose how to get the data for your events. There are several options to do this:
- Google Docs
- Import Files
- Web Feeds
- Inline Editor
- Copy and paste the URL of your desired Google Calendar into the field.
- NOTE: If you are importing multiple calendar files, separate them with a comma.
- Click on the “PREVIEW” button to see if the file is pulling data correctly.
- Drop files directly or click on the file source button to begin navigating your file system to find the correct file to import. Select the files you want to use.
- You can download sample files to demonstrate the orientation the data needs to be in to be recognized.
- Click on the “PREVIEW” button to see if the file pulls the data correctly.
- Copy and paste the URL for your desired Web Feed. Please note the URL will need to end in a supported file type.
- Click on the “PREVIEW” button to see if the data is being pulled correctly.
- Click on “Inline Editor”, then click on the Plus Icon in the center of the Data Zone.
- A new window will appear with text zones. Enter a title, a description of the event, the start and end time of the event, and the location of the event.
- Click “SAVE”.
Managing the Theme and Data
- Select the date range you would like the app to pull from.
- Use the automatic date to pull all data in the given calendar that is within the specified range in the dropdown.
- Use manual to manage the coverage of items pulled in a more minute manner, allowing for management of both date range and time span down to seconds.
- Use the Advanced Settings Menu to assign Text alterations, make changes to the animation and duration assigned, and adjust how frequently the system checks for updates to the Events source.
Once you have applied your Data, please Preview the Media. If the Preview looks correct, Name and Save your Media for use in your Library.