- Applies to:
- CMS v3
Since its introduction, Google Docs has been a useful application for companies and individuals. Furthermore, Google Drive allows you to display Google Docs on your digital signage screen.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the Google Drive Content App
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to use Google Docs.
Using Google Drive
- Hover over the “MEDIA” menu item and click on “ADD MEDIA.”
- Click on the “WEB” category. Then click the “Google Drive” app.
- Paste your Google Doc URL in the “Google Document URL” box.
NOTE: the URL for your Google Doc has to be Published for the CMS to reach out and display the item you want. For more information on publishing, please see here.
- Click on the “PREVIEW” button to see your document in the box to the right.
- Use the “Advanced Settings” menu to adjust the background color, select how often your content will refresh (in minutes) by adjusting the “Refresh Every:” slider bar, or toggle on or off the “Toolbar” toggle, to keep/hide any toolbars for the Doc.