- Applies to:
- CMS v3
When using your Emergency Alerts feature, you can send a multitude of different alerts over your digital signage. Those alerts can be range from fires to tornadoes and terror alerts. It is easy to use since it can be updated and issued from any standard web browser.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc
- CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Access to the Emergency Alerts feature
- Internet Connectivity
Adding your Emergency Alerts Media
The first step to adding your customized emergency alert media is going to the add media page under the media tab in Mvix CMS.
- Navigate to the Add Media page.
- Select the Premium Tab and Alerts App.
- Select the Type of Alert you want to add a Theme for.
- Use an existing Theme or assign your own preferred image as a custom Theme.
- Name your Theme and save it to your Media Library.
Associating Emergency Alert Media with your devices
- Navigate to the Device Library.
- Associate the chosen Alerts Media with your preferred players.
- Once assigned, your Themes/Alerts can be triggered at any time via the “Set Alerts” Button.
- Select the Player(s) you want to trigger the Alert on and choose the Alert to trigger on the left. Any players with no available Media assigned will not be able to have an Alert triggered, so be sure to apply your preferred Theme ahead of time.
- *Note* Set Alerts is also how you can assign CAP Alerts to individual players.
- Make sure to enter your Admin password and select “Confirm and Send Alert” to finalize and trigger the alert on your players.
Associating CAP Alert Media with your devices
- CAP Alert Medias work similarly to standard Alerts, though they are fully automatic once configured, and are typically managed by a 3rd party.
- Assign your preferred CAP Alerts via the Add Media page under the Alerts App.
- Assign your CAP Alert source URL and manage any settings you want to change regarding how the information will show when triggered.
- Follow the same process to associate the CAP Alert to your Player. Once triggered by the holder of that URL, the Alert will display automatically on your screen.