- Applies to:
- CMS v3
To use the Mvix CMS Analytics content app, your data needs to be properly formatted. Here is how to format data so it can be uploaded to the CMS.
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, or another spreadsheet application.
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to format your analytics data for use with the Analytics App.
Format Data in the Excel Sheet
- Open the Excel spreadsheet.
- Select the cells that contain the information for the table.
- Click the “Insert” tab > Locate the “Tables” group.
- Click “Table”. A “Create Table” dialog box will open.
- If you have column headings, check the box “My table has headers”.
- Verify that the range is correct > Click [OK].
- Resize your columns to make the headings visible.
- Export your file into a readable file type by our system: CSV, XML, or JSON.
- Navigate to the CMS
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click the “GENERAL” category, and select the “ANALYTICS” content app.
- Upload the particular file. Select the orientation you would like your data to format in.
- Please note, some data orientations may require additional formatting. We supply sample files of each Filetype under the orientations, so please check these if you note any issues.
- Set the Axis titles to label your graph
- You can also adjust subtitles as necessary for additional information
- Name the media, and save it to your Media Library.