The Events content app is great for keeping track of deadlines, corporate events, birthdays, and other calendar elements.
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Xhibit, BrightSign, etc.
- XhibitSignage Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to use the events content app.
Using the Events Content App
- over the “MEDIA” tab, and “ADD MEDIA”.
- on the :LOCAL” category
- the “EVENTS” app.
- the theme your events will be displayed in.
how to get the data for your events. There are several options to do this:
- Google Docs
- Import Files
- Web Feeds
- Inline Editor
the URL of your desired Google Calendar into the field.
- If you are importing multiple calendar files, separate them with a comma.
- on the “PREVIEW” button to see if the file is pulling data correctly.
- on the “Select File” button to begin navigating your file system to find the correct file to import.
- the files you want to use.
- on the “PREVIEW” button to see if the file pulls the data correctly.
- the URL for your desired Web Feed.
- Click on the “PREVIEW” button to see if the data is being pulled correctly.
- on “Inline Editor”
- A new window will appear with text zones. a title, a description of the event, the start and end time of the event, and the location of the event.
- the date range you would like the app to pull from.
- the automatic date to pull all data in the given calendar that is within the specified range in the dropdown.
- manual to manage the coverage of items pulled in a more minute manner, allowing for management of both date range and time span down to seconds.