- Applies to:
- CMS v2
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Xhibit, BrightSign, etc.
- XhibitSignage Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the files content app
Files Content App in Xhibit Signage
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”. Click on the “GENERAL” category.
- Click the “FILES” app. Drag and Drop media into the zone on the left, or click to upload content.
- Name your media, add it to a group or add tags. Click “SAVE”.
- NOTE: There are also two additional ways to upload media if you do not have the media available on:
File from Web URL
To start using the function, a private web server must be prepared / deployed and run somewhere available on the internet. All stored media files must be in formats supported by the file content App.
Files stored on the private web server should be available to be viewed/downloaded from beyond the server. The Files Content App will not be able to access any stored media if the media files are not configured to be viewed / downloaded from beyond the server.
URLs to files from the private server can be used in the app to create content by user/client. Public servers like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. may display the error “Unable to get data” or “Invalid data type” errors.
- If you have the file uploaded to a file hosting website of some kind, you can enter the URL, and the system will pull the media from this URL for you.
- Select how often you want the system to check this URL for updates to the media.
Please note that in some cases, there might be an error when trying to upload a file (e.g., an image) from a web server. This is related to the fact that many hosting providers return a web page where the user can see the image instead of an image itself. To correctly upload an image from a web server, a direct link to image should be indicated.
Local File Path – Files Content App
- If you have a file hosted on a local webserver, you can specify the IP address of the server and the path to that file to pull the file for you.
- Now you know how to make the best use of the files content app.