- Applies to:
- CMS v3
The HTML/Rich Text Content App allows you to display formatted HTML code or Static Text on your digital signage device.
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
Using the HTML/Rich Text Content App
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”
- Click on the “GENERAL” category
- Click the “HTML/Rich Text” app
- In your CMS Dashboard, navigate to the “Add Media” page.
- Click on the HTML/Rich Text App icon
- Quick Start gives you the option to begin with a pre-organized app and skeleton to work with. Perfect for people who are not familiar with coding but are interested in playing with it.
- Code is the section you will use for the majority of your HTML/Rich Text needs, as it is where you can directly input your code.
- Choose the Plain Text option to paste HTML code into or the Rich Text option to type in content to show as static text.
- The Rich Text option looks just like any word editor, for example Microsoft Word, where you can edit the alignment, font, and color of text.
- The “HTML-CSS” section allows you to add HTML, CSS and JS content individually. If you decide to use this option, HTML is required and CSS/JS are optional. This section is intended for advanced users, web developers or for use with third party code.
- Additionally, you can change the editor via the Advanced Settings drop down
- Use the Package drop zone to upload pre-configured files utilizing HTML.
Saving the Media
- Once you have chosen and customized the HTML/Rich Text app to your liking, give this app a name and save it to your media library for use in playlists, templates, or schedules!.
- If you are using the Package upload method, please be sure to name your HTML file “index” and keep it in the root folder of your zipped package, so the system can recognize it and find other required medias and correctly display.