- Applies to:
- CMS v2
What You’ll Need
A compatible digital signage player (Xhibit or other). Access to Xhibit Signage Software with a supported feature package. Also internet connectivity and access to Microsoft Power BI (paid).
Creating Microsoft Power BI Dashboards
To create Power BI Dashboards for use on the system, please refer to this guide.
Applying Non-Authenticated Microsoft Power BI media
In order to apply Public Facing, Non-Authenticated Power BI medias, first, make the Dashboard available as a Public URL. Then, Apply the URL to our Web URL app for Non-Authenticated display, and Assign the media to a Schedule as you normally would.
Applying Authenticated Microsoft Power BI Media
- Hover over the “MEDIA” menu item and click on “ADD MEDIA.”
- Click on the “Premium” category. Click on the “Microsoft Power BI” App.
- If this is your first time accessing your Power BI media, you will need to authenticate your Power BI account.
- As a note, you will need to Allow XhibitSignage.com access to your Power BI account, via an Admin
- If you’re Admin is uncertain how to perform the permissions change, please check this documentation from Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/manage-apps/grant-admin-consent#construct-the-url-for-granting-tenant-wide-admin-consent
- Once you have authenticated your account, select “Get Dashboards” to view your dashboards and choose them for display.
- On the Get Dashboards page, you will need to Select your workspace.
- Select your Dashboards and click on the Save button.
- Click on the “PREVIEW” button to see your document in the box to the right.
- Once you are certain your media displays correctly, Save the media, and manage it as you see fit.