- Applies to:
- CMS v3
The profiles content app showcases a gallery of profiles with images and descriptions; e.g. a profile of company employees, executives, trainers at a gym, students, new church members, products for sale, etc.
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the Profiles Content App
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to use the profiles content app.
Using the Profiles Content App
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click ” ADD MEDIA”
- Click on the “GALLERY” category
- Click the “PROFILES” Content App
- Select your Theme to choose how the information will orient when put together.
- Select a file as your data source or use the Add/Edit Items tab to enter information with the inline editor.
- When using the “Import File” option, make sure your CSV files adheres to the required format. In order to do that we recommend downloading the provided sample file by clicking on the “CSV” button on the bottom right.
- The “Web Feed” option will allow you to insert a link to the CSV file hosted on your server. The main benefit of this method is that it will allow XhibitSignage CMS to automatically display any updates done on your side, and therefore always shows the most recent and updated data. You will need to make sure your .CSV file adheres to the format of the sample file. Additionally your link should end in “csv” and point to raw .CSV data.
- Finally, the “Add/Edit Items” option will allow you to manually create each profile. Simply follow the template and fill out the fields with your information.
- Once you’ve selected or created your data source, “Current Items” lets you view the sequential order of items, and make adjustments to any addition items from the CSV.
- Change the transitions and the duration on the profiles themselves, with the Advanced Settings menu. Some Themes come with an animation, for example a spinning half circle, and you can change the duration of this animation as well.
- In Advanced Settings, you can also change the color scheme of the theme chosen, as well as edit Font settings and how many Profiles you want per page.
- Name the Profiles Media and click on the “Save” button to add it to your media library.