- Applies to:
- CMS v3
The Events content app is great for keeping track of deadlines, corporate events, birthdays, and other calendar elements.
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the Progress Meter Content App
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to use the events content app.
Using the Events Content App
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “General” category
- Click the “Progress Meter” app.
- Choose the theme your progress will be displayed in.
- Choose how to get the data for your events. There are several options to do this:
- Import Files
- Web Feeds
- Inline Editor
- Click on the “Select File” button to begin navigating your file system to find the correct file to import.
- Select the .CSV file you want to use.
- Click on the “PREVIEW” button to see if the file pulls the data correctly.
- Be Sure to Map CSV Headers as necessary, to make sure the system can correctly orient your data
- Copy and paste the URL for your desired Web Feed.
- Click on the “PREVIEW” button to see if the data is being pulled correctly.
- Click on “Add/Edit Items”
- Click the Plus Icon in the center
- A new window will appear with text zones. Enter a title, a description of the event, the start and end point of the meter, progress information, and Scale.
- Click “SAVE”.
- Preview your media to ensure everything orients as expected, then Save once done.