- Applies to:
- CMS v2
What You’ll Need
A compatible digital signage player (Xhibit, BrightSign, etc). Next, you will need Xhibit Signage Software with a supported feature package. As well as internet connectivity and access to the radio content app.
Using the Radio Content App
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”
- Click on the “WEB” category
- Click on the “RADIO” content app.
- Choose a source (there are different sources you can choose from which include: Rock, Pop, Jazz, News, Sports, Custom source, and so on.)
Implementing a Custom Source Radio Station
- If you wish to add a radio station that is not available, you will need to paste a URL for the desired radio station. To do this, you will need to do a search on the Internet for streaming radio stations.
- A good example that Mvix has tested are stations that can be found on SHOUTcast.
- Once you have found your preferred radio station, Download and open the file VIA text editor.
- In here, you will be looking for the radio station’s URL
- NOTE: The URL will be shown after “<location>” and will end with “/stream” displaying the station’s IP address and four digit port number.
- Once you have done so, copy the link and paste it in the “Radio Station URL” field.
Customizing Your Radio Content App
- Select the theme you would like to use for the radio app.
- Preview the radio app by clicking the “PREVIEW” button.
- Name the radio app media, and click “SAVE”.