The Twitter content app gives you the ability to add your Twitter account and showcase different tweets that you have sent out or re-tweeted.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Xhibit, BrightSign, etc.
- XhibitSignage Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to Twitter
Using the Twitter App
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “SOCIAL” category.
- Click the “TWITTER” app.
- Enter your Twitter User ID.
- Choose from one of the 5 themes.
- Choose how often XhibitSignage checks your twitter account for new tweets. It is set to refresh every 60 minutes by default.
- Select how many tweets you want to showcase from your account
- Click “ADVANCED SETTINGS” to further customize your Twitter feed
- Advanced Settings changes include:
- Title font color, size, and type.
- Twitter handle font color, size, and type.
- Twitter time font color, size, and type.
- Tweet text font color, size, and type.
- Tweet text link font color, size, and type.
- Background color
- Transition Speed (in secs)
- Click “OK” to save all of your changes to your Twitter feed.
- Click “PREVIEW” to see a preview of your changes to your Twitter feed.
- Add a name/title for your Twitter app.
- Click “SAVE” to add your Twitter app to your Media Library.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use Hashtags?
- The Twitter content app does not support hashtag usage.
- Do i need a password to use my Twitter User name?
- You do not need to use your password to sign in with your Twitter Username to use the Twitter app.
- Does the app scale inside my template or on my screen?
- Yes the Twitter app does scale to fit the zone in your screen.
- Can I show mentions?
- The Twitter app does not support mentions.