- Applies to:
- CMS v3
This content app has the ability to add video input zones through the Mvix CMS. As a result, this allows live TV to be used in conjunction with the Mvix software.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the Video Input Content App
Video Input Zones: Creation and Options
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “PREMIUM” category.
- Click the “VIDEO INPUT” app.
On the Video Input tab, there are multiple options to configure, as follows:
- Device Input – This should not be changed from the default value of “/dev/video0” unless directed by Mvix support staff.
- Input Type – This should be selected to match your source video feed to the Xhibit (HDMI, component or DVI video).
- Ratio – Match the aspect ratio of your source video feed connected to the Xhibit (16:9, 4:3, 3:2).
- Source Width & Source Height – Match the pixel dimensions of the source video feed (ex. 1920×1080, 1280×720, 640×480, etc).
- Audio – Enables/disables audio capture along with the video input source.
Once you have made the appropriate adjustments:
- Name the Media item.
- Click “Save” to add it to your library.
NOTE: The video input module is only compatible with progressive scan content – i.e. 720p, 1080p.