- Applies to:
- CMS v3
This feature has the ability to add video input zones through the Mvix CMS. As a result, this allows live TV to be used in conjunction with the Mvix software.
What You’ll Need:
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
- Access to the Video Input Content App
Video Input Zones: Creation and Options
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “PREMIUM” category.
- Click the “VIDEO INPUT” app.
On the Video Input tab, there are multiple options to configure, as follows:
- Device Input – This should not be changed from the default value of “/dev/video0” unless directed by Mvix support staff.
- Input Type – This should be selected to match your source video feed to the Xhibit (HDMI, component or DVI video).
- Ratio – Match the aspect ratio of your source video feed connected to the Xhibit (16:9, 4:3, 3:2).
- Source Width & Source Height – Match the pixel dimensions of the source video feed (ex. 1920×1080, 1280×720, 640×480, etc).
- Audio – Enables/disables audio capture along with the video input source.
Once you have made the appropriate adjustments:
- Name the Media item.
- Click “Save” to add it to your library.
NOTE: This module is only compatible with progressive scan content – i.e. 720p, 1080p.
Digital Signage Forever
Designed for enterprise-digital signage deployments, our Signage Care plan offers a lifetime warranty, free digital signage players every 3 years, accelerated issue resolution, and premium content. Intended to enable high system uptime, operational efficiency, and continuous business innovation, the plan ensures proactive upkeep of the signage network. Learn more about Mvix Signature Care.