- Applies to:
- CMS v2
What You’ll Need
- A compatibile digital signage player e.g Xhibit, BrightSign, etc.
- XhibitSignage Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to use the Weather app
Using the Weather App
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab,and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “LOCAL” category.
- Click the “WEATHER” app.
- Leave the location on auto or type in the city you want the weather to be shown for.
- Choose a theme from either modern or legacy themes.
- Select the number of days you want to be shown, Celcius or Fahrenheit, and the last updated time.
- You also have the option on some themes to change the layout and size of the Weather app theme.
- Choose different elements you want to be shown such as Humidity, Precipitation, Wind, Pressure, and Visibility.
- Some content app themes have more options such as changing the color or font and text of the app.
- Click the Advanced Settings option to see these.
- Some of the Themes have set sizes that you can choose to manually set such as Legacy Theme 1 and Theme 5, while others themes such as Theme 2, 3 and 4 automatically resize based on the size of the zone in a template or if it is full screen in a schedule.
- Click the preview button at the bottom of the screen so that you can see what the Weather app will look like.
- Name your weather content app and click “SAVE”.