- Applies to:
- CMS v3
The Weather content app allows you to display weather information on your digital signage screen. The Weather content app can be scheduled by itself, through a playlist or template as a zone.
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Mvix, BrightSign, etc.
- Mvix CMS Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
If you meet the requirements listed above, simply follow the steps below to learn how to use the Weather app
Using the Weather App
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab,and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “LOCAL” category.
- Click the “WEATHER” app.
- Leave the location on auto or type in the city you want the weather to be shown for.
- Choose a theme from either Modern or Legacy Themes.
- Note: Legacy Themes are no longer being developed, and will not automatically adjust to your screen size as the Modern Themes will
- Select the Temperature measure (Celcius or Fahrenheit), the font information, and the last updated time.
- Choose different elements you want to be shown such as Humidity, Precipitation, Wind, Pressure, and Visibility.
- Click the preview button at the bottom of the screen so that you can see what the Weather app will look like.
- Name your weather content app and click “SAVE”.