- Applies to:
- CMS v3
The Template Library will allow for easy general management of templates created with different zones that can include a large number of different Content Apps added. Templates are extremely useful if the main goal is to have different Content Apps running simultaneously on the screen using different zones.
What You’ll Need
- Mvix CMS V3 Access
- Internet Connectivity
- Hover over the “TEMPLATES” tab, and click “Template Library”.
By default there are several items in the category bar.
- Check Box – Used to select the template to remove or tag a template
- Type – Displays a preview of the template to see what type of schedule has been created
- Name – Displays the name of the template, which can also be edited by clicking the gear icon on the right
- Groups – Any groups a template item belongs to
- Duration – The total playback duration of a template
- Resolution – The resolution of how the template was created
- The template must be created with the correct resolution supported by your player.
- Orientation – This can be portrait or landscape depending on how the TV / monitor will be installed with the player.
- Zone Count – This is the number of zones that are supported by the device’s feature package.
- Tags – Any Tags which have been applied to a template item
- Status – The active or inactive status will appear if the template is currently associated with any schedule
Managing Templates individually
Select the gear icon on the right hand side of a Tempalte Item. There are three options available:
- Clone – Clone a Template to speed up the process of creating a new, similar template with the same content apps, zones, etc. Cloning a Template can help always keep a master copy for future reference.
- Edit – Modify a schedule in case content added to the schedule needs to be updated with new content, more devices need to be added or removed, days and times need to be adjusted, and so on.
- Delete – Permanently removes a CMS Template and also removes the schedule from any device associated with
Managing Multiple Templates
- Press the empty gray box to the left of the Template Icon to “check” the box and select a Template item
Remove or Add Tags to One or More Templates
On the bottom left hand corner there are three options available:
- Check Box – Select all items on the Template list
- Trash Icon – Delete all selected Templates permanently from the Template Library
- Tag Icon – Tag one or more Template