- Applies to:
- CMS v3
When you have one or more players added to your account, you can manage them in the Device Library. The library has a list of all current players in your account, and provides statistics about each player, such as the name, group, online status, and IP address.
You can also organize players into “device groups”, which gives you the ability to assign schedules to a group of devices instead of adding them individually.
How to Manage Devices
1. Log into the CMS, hover your mouse over “Devices” at the top menu bar, and click the “Device Library” option from the drop-down menu.
2. From here, you can view all current devices in your account, as well as information about last check-in time, app version, etc. To see a snapshot of the content currently playing on your device, click on the hamburger menu icon on the top right of each individual player, as well as additional data about the player.
Creating Device Groups
1. You can create and manage device groups by clicking on the “Groups” button on the top right.
From this screen, you can see both your device groups as well as any unassigned devices.
2. To view the devices in a particular group, mouse over the “Items” listing in the left column that corresponds to the desired group.
3. To add a device to an existing group, simply drag and drop the desired device from the unassigned pool on the right, and release it over the group of your choice in the left column.
4. To verify that your device has been successfully added to your group, mouse over “Items” again.
5. If you wish to remove a device from a group, mouse over “Items”, locate the device to remove, and simply click the trash icon at the right of the player name.
6. To create additional groups, apply the new name of the Group, then click the “Add Group” button.
7. Once the group is created, it will appear at the top of your group list on the left column.
8. To remove a group entirely, locate it in the left column of groups and click the trash icon in the bottom right corner.
NOTE: Removing a group does not delete devices; it simply adds them back to the unassigned pool. You can also assign permissions and adjust the colors of your groups via this menu.