- Applies to:
- CMS v2
If you are interested in automatic updates for your media over time, but don’t want to leave the media out in an open or public facing server, we offer use of either SFTP or FTP/SSL. This knowledgebase article is for users looking to upload their media via SFTP File Transfer.
What You’ll Need
- A compatible digital signage player e.g. Xhibit, BrightSign, etc.
- XhibitSignage Software with a supported feature package
- Internet Connectivity
How to Add Media via SFTP File Transfer:
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab, and click “ADD MEDIA”.
- Click on the “GENERAL” category.
- Click on the “FILES” app.
- Select the Secure FTP option.
- Enter the URL/IP address of the server you would like to select the media from.
- Set the port it will connect via (22 is the default port for SFTP, FTPS uses 21 or 990).
- Enter your username and password for the fileserver, and select the particular protocol you will be using.
- Connect to your server with the “Select Files” button. This will open the file system window and allow you to select the particular media you would like to add.
- When you have picked the media you want to upload, be sure to select how often you want our system to check in for changes to the media with the “Media Update Duration” options.
- Name your files and click “SAVE”.
We recommend use of SFTP, as it is more amenable to networks using firewalls, and is less likely to fail in general.