A wired ethernet connection is strongly recommended for the Mvix Video Input and Mvix Video Wall models. It is also preferred for all other models of Mvix signage devices.
- More reliable
- Faster speeds
- More secure
- Harder to set up
- May require drilling into the walls
A Wi-Fi connection provides a simple way to connect your signage devices to our Mvix CMS platform. However, the simple setup comes at the cost of reliability.
- Slower than a wired connection
- Internet connectivity may drop intermittently
- Less secure than a wired connection
In conclusion, Mvix devices work with both connection types. If you prefer a quicker set up time, Wi-Fi may be for you. If you prefer a more reliable and a more secure connection, wired is for you.
- Wi-Fi vs. Ethernet: Which you should use and why
- Wired vs. Wireless Networking | Pace University
- Wired vs. Wireless in the Enterprise