Groups are ways of mapping content on Mvix CMS V3 and managing access to that content. Groups are also useful for managing media, users, devices, playlists, templates, and schedules.
What You’ll Need
- Mvix CMS V3 Access
- Internet Connectivity
How do I use Groups?
Groups can be created or added when content is first created or retroactively through the Groups screen. It can be applied to any of the following items below:
Adding Content to a Group while it is Being Created
- Create / add content as usual.
- Before saving, find the Add to Groups.
- Begin to input the group name.
If creating a new group: Type In the desired group name and save. If adding to an existing group: Begin to type the desired group name and select from the drop down menu.
Retroactively Applying Content to a Group
- Hover over the top dropdown menu and select the Groups option.
- If the group has not been created yet
- To create a new group, select the Group button on the top left hand corner.
- New Group will appear on the left hand side.
- Type in a name and press the green check mark.
- Manually drag and drop a content item from the right into the group on the Left.
Managing Groups from the Group Screen.
The Gear icon will open the group settings to edit permissions, as well as to remove any person within the group.