The tagging function in Xhibit Signage was designed to improve search results. In other words, media can be found by using any number of words associated with that content.
Users can filter their media library to show only those files that have been tagged with that term, or multiple terms if desired. This method of categorizing is very similar to Groups, except that more than one tag can be applied to a file.
- They are first applied when uploading files, and can then be changed later at anytime by editing that particular file.
- Hover over the “MEDIA” tab and click “ADD MEDIA”
- Upload content.
- Move to the bottom right corner where the “tag” field can be seen.
- Type any desired text in the “tag” field shown.
- NOTE: Make sure to separate with a comma. These could be any terms you would intuitively associate with this media. The idea is that later, you can search for 1 or 2 or even 3 words, and any media containing the “tags” will be shown. This provides for a granular level of control over search results.
- Click “SAVE”.This file will now be searchable by these terms.
- You can then search for this term in the searchbar near the top of the account page.
- Click the magnifying icon in the top next to your username.
- A dropdown menu will appear where you can enter your tag(s); as well as optionally restrict the search to media, playlists, schedules, etc.
- Click enter and the search will then execute.
- The search results will appear below as expandable tabs – each pertaining to a different section of your account. The number in brackets next to each section indicates the number of matched items.
- As well as the search function, you can further manage you tags via the “Tags Library” page, under the drop down menu.
- You can edit the tags you have created, make new ones or change the color of the tag. Check to see how many items (media, devices, groups, etc.) it is applied to.